Creative Writing Portfolio Story


Abandoned Strangers
The day was unknown, the weather was unknown… the only known factor was that my journey to the moon will soon be complete and my arrival will be sooner than expected. With all these trials, doubts, and feelings of loneliness, I cannot say that being an astronaut is particularly “fun” but the thrill of a mission complete is what keeps me on my feet. Many of my days, months, YEARS have been spent in this spaceship awaiting for the time to come when I will be known as the first woman to arrive on the moon. Much mental confusion, trials, depressing feelings and thoughts come along with this journey due to the constant loneliness, but I can’t say those feelings were anything new to me. When I was a toddler, my family had died in a terrifying car accident… everyone who was important to me… everyone whom I loved. I was put in the foster care and even though times were hard, I picked up my strength and pulled through.
Finally, It is time! As I heard the clunking sounds of the spacecraft beginning to slow down, land and latch to the surface, my excitement soared! I, Athena Fenn, am the first female astronaut to complete a mission to the moon. My emotions were going crazy, I had to sit for a while and gather myself before exiting the spaceship. I threw my suit on and secured my helmet then opened the exit and made my way down the ladder. My first steps on the moon were quite clumsy considering I’ve been cooped up in the spaceship for what seemed like forever, but eventually I got the hang of it. So much relief hit me in that one moment, it all seemed too good to be true- as if it was all a dream.
Image result for spaceship on moon
thelivingmoon.com
Space was just as I had expected it to be. It was very dark and dull, giving off an empty but mysterious feeling. Hardly any color existed besides the blackness of the Interstellar Medium and the white moon. The grooves in the moon were deeper than I expected, resembling extra large land holes. The ground surface was rugged and hard as if the moon was a massive white rock. During the daytime, it has extremely hot temperatures of about 100 degrees Celsius; while at night temperatures become stubbornly cold, nearly minus 173 degrees Celsius. This variation is so immense because the moon has no atmosphere to control the heat during the daytime and conserve the heat for the terribly cold nights. There seemed to be no signs of life- just dust, pebbles, rocks, boulders, and craters spread out everywhere.
After taking note of the scenery I got a little more curious and began to explore. Everything seemed to be so still and lifeless; could it really be that I was the only lifeform walking on the planet? I continued on my explorations for hours, just aimlessly wandering- soaking everything in. Then suddenly, I came across something that was quite unusual for the moon… then I encountered another object… and another- it was a trail of objects leading somewhere. It was hard to make out what exactly the objects were because they were covered with so much dust and debri. After wiping them off, the objects appeared to be human clothing… The trail was leading me towards a crater. The closer I got to the crater, the more I was able to notice what looked like three bobbling astronaut helmets.
Image result for red alien
pinshape.com
After following the trial all the way to the end, I peeped over the deep crater to realize that my eyes weren’t tricking me; the three bobbling astronaut helmets were in fact humans- a teenage girl, mom, and dad! I was shocked, amazed to be specific. I couldn’t wrap my head around the idea of other human life living on the moon. I regathered myself then peeped more over the crater and said, “Hello there!” The family jumped with fright then quickly signaled for me to jump and enter the crater. After I jumped in the girl yelled, “Heads down! Duck!” Startled my the harsh demand, I quietly looked up out of the crater to see a group of red aliens gathered around a boulder then abruptly ducked back down. I whispered asking the simple questions of, “How? Why?”, as I was lost for words. The dad explained, “We’ve been here for some time now, not sure how much time… but a long time. We were abandoned on a failed mission to visit Mars. It’s been hard but together we’ve been able to mange. The aliens… they’ve been here forever… trapping, taunting, and sabotaging us humans. They don’t want us to escape, they won’t let us.”
I remained looking at the father, stunned by what I had just heard. I responded, “You all can come with me, I have my spaceship and protection. I will make sure we escape safely.” He looked at me and firmly nodded, turned and whispered towards the mother, then replied, “Let’s do it.” As the bloody red aliens were still gathered around the boulder, distracted by their own means, I signaled for the family to follow me out the crater as I was climbing up. They followed me out sneakily, one-by-one as we slowly but surely made our way to the spaceship.
Image result for female astronauts cartoon
kisspng.com
I could see it, we were almost there! After taking a few more steps, I look up and notice the spaceship door has been shut! I run as fast as gravity will allow me to the ship. From the distance, I see a red slimy head through the passenger window of the spacecraft- the aliens were trying to sabotage our escape by taking the spaceship! I was not going to allow this so I ran even faster and finally caught up to the ship. Panicking in thought, I had to relax my mind and think logically then I remembered! Before I left Earth, NASA added a secret entrance at the top of the spaceship; I carefully climbed to the top, undid the latch, and softly jumped into the ship. I landed my jump so softly that the alien didn’t even bother to turn around. I grabbed a rope that was hanging from a hook in the closet and began tiptoeing towards the alien… Once I was in good reach of its head, I snapped the rope around its neck, tightened the rope as tight as I could and held that position until the alien collapsed. I did it, I had killed the alien! After dragging the alien out the door, I yelled out to the family of three telling them to come board the ship- it was time for us to get back home.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Story Plot Template